- RSS Channel Showcase 5239815
- RSS Channel Showcase 2146612
- RSS Channel Showcase 4623955
- RSS Channel Showcase 8225491
Articles on this Page
- 11/02/16--04:13: _RRR158 Happy (Very ...
- 11/22/16--14:38: _RRR159 Happy (Very ...
- 12/21/16--16:28: _RRR160 Rogue One: A...
- 12/31/16--17:43: _RRR161 Happy New Ye...
- 01/02/17--14:44: _RRR162 Happy New Ye...
- 01/13/17--00:12: _RRR163 A Glorious M...
- 01/13/17--23:11: _RRR164 Passengers
- 01/23/17--05:16: _RRR165 Writing Horr...
- 02/01/17--10:42: _RRR166 Geek TV, Mov...
- 02/13/17--15:35: _RRR167 New Doctor W...
- 02/24/17--12:36: _RRR168 The Quantifi...
- 03/13/17--06:40: _RRR169 Ranty Writer...
- 03/20/17--02:22: _RRR170 On Demand TV...
- 04/01/17--08:32: _RRR171 Logan and Wi...
- 04/02/17--18:23: _RRR172 Hypervigilan...
- 04/12/17--07:03: _RRR173 Judge Minty ...
- 05/01/17--15:07: _RRR174 EasterCon
- 05/04/17--15:34: _RRR175 Happy Star W...
- 05/05/17--13:03: _RRR176 Doctor Stran...
- 05/16/17--19:38: _RRR177 Doctor Who: ...
- 05/23/17--17:09: _RRR178 Guardians of...
- 05/26/17--08:55: _RRR179 Doctor Who: ...
- 06/06/17--03:59: _RRR180 MCM London C...
- 06/15/17--11:48: _RRR181 Alien Covena...
- 06/19/17--03:09: _RRR182 Doctor Who a...
- 07/03/17--22:51: _RRR183 A Giant Catc...
- 07/10/17--11:52: _RRR184 Geeky TV, Mo...
- 07/25/17--02:09: _RRR185 Game of Thro...
- 08/06/17--07:18: _RRR186 Ready Player...
- 08/13/17--16:49: _RRR186 No More Hero...
- 09/03/17--08:36: _RRR188 Bodged But B...
- 09/23/17--23:20: _RRR189 Super Sentai...
- 10/09/17--13:54: _RRR190 Happy Birthd...
- 10/16/17--13:37: _RRR191 Geek Dating,...
- 10/27/17--16:47: _RRR192 Blade Runner...
- 10/30/17--17:31: _RRR193 Stranger Thi...
- 10/31/17--18:49: _RRR194 Halloween Un...
- 11/14/17--08:39: _RRR195 The Geek Lif...
- 11/16/17--08:43: _RRR196 The Time of ...
- 11/25/17--15:35: _RRR197 The Desk fro...
- 12/24/17--15:03: _RRR198 Happy Christ...
- 12/25/17--15:56: _RRR199 Happy Christ...
- 12/26/17--14:20: _RRR200 Happy Boxing...
- 12/31/17--17:03: _RRR201 Happy New Year
- 01/08/18--09:06: _RRR202 Courier Movi...
- 01/20/18--09:37: _RRR203 The Mammoth ...
- 01/29/18--07:59: _RRR204 Satellite TV...
- 02/06/18--07:36: _RRR205 Geek Book Fi...
- 03/08/18--07:53: _RRR206 Doctor Who: ...
- 03/13/18--12:38: _RRR207 TV, Movies a...
- 12/21/16--16:28: RRR160 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)
- 12/31/16--17:43: RRR161 Happy New Year's Eve! Mostly Movies
- 01/02/17--14:44: RRR162 Happy New Year! Mostly Writing
- 01/13/17--23:11: RRR164 Passengers
- 01/23/17--05:16: RRR165 Writing Horror, Geek TV, Movies and CES
- 02/01/17--10:42: RRR166 Geek TV, Movies, Filmmaking Apps and Writing Genre
- 02/13/17--15:35: RRR167 New Doctor Who Actor, Hyperloops, Cuba and More!
- 02/24/17--12:36: RRR168 The Quantified Roy
- 03/13/17--06:40: RRR169 Ranty Writer, Pants Only Partially Quenched of Fire
- 04/01/17--08:32: RRR171 Logan and Windows XP
- 04/02/17--18:23: RRR172 Hypervigilance, Scorned by Kodi and Clang!
- 04/12/17--07:03: RRR173 Judge Minty and Strontium Dog Fan Films
- 05/01/17--15:07: RRR174 EasterCon
- 05/04/17--15:34: RRR175 Happy Star Wars Day!
- 05/05/17--13:03: RRR176 Doctor Strange, Twilight, and Writing Output
- 05/16/17--19:38: RRR177 Doctor Who: Spearhead from Space (1970)
- 05/23/17--17:09: RRR178 Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
- 05/26/17--08:55: RRR179 Doctor Who: Extremis Series 10 Episode 6 (2017)
- 06/06/17--03:59: RRR180 MCM London Comic Con 2017
- 06/15/17--11:48: RRR181 Alien Covenant (2017) and EDM Apps!
- 07/03/17--22:51: RRR183 A Giant Catch-Up Splodge of All Things Geek
- 07/10/17--11:52: RRR184 Geeky TV, Movies, and the Unfailing Awfulness of DHL
- 07/25/17--02:09: RRR185 Game of Thrones and The Strain
- 08/06/17--07:18: RRR186 Ready Player One, Asteroid Spaceships, Tesla, and More!
- 08/13/17--16:49: RRR186 No More Heroes and Gritty Gumshoes
- 09/03/17--08:36: RRR188 Bodged But Back Baby
- 09/23/17--23:20: RRR189 Super Sentai Selectric Screams
- 10/16/17--13:37: RRR191 Geek Dating, Horror, and the CIA
- 10/27/17--16:47: RRR192 Blade Runner 2049 (2017)
- 10/30/17--17:31: RRR193 Stranger Things (2017)
- 10/31/17--18:49: RRR194 Halloween Unedited
- 11/14/17--08:39: RRR195 The Geek Life Fantastique
- 11/16/17--08:43: RRR196 The Time of the Geek
- 11/25/17--15:35: RRR197 The Desk from Hobbiton
- 12/24/17--15:03: RRR198 Happy Christmas Eve
- 12/26/17--14:20: RRR200 Happy Boxing Day and Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)
- 12/31/17--17:03: RRR201 Happy New Year
- 01/08/18--09:06: RRR202 Courier Movie Meltdown
- 01/20/18--09:37: RRR203 The Mammoth Sessions: Doctor Who Zero
- 01/29/18--07:59: RRR204 Satellite TV, Dentists, Fear and Virgin Media
- 02/06/18--07:36: RRR205 Geek Book Finds and Avoiding Lemon Phones
- 03/08/18--07:53: RRR206 Doctor Who: Inferno (1970)
- 03/13/18--12:38: RRR207 TV, Movies and Rich Old Vampires
PART I Personal News: Happy (Belated) Divali! Podcast Stats, Welcome to the New Two Part Show Format, RoyMathur.com Changes, Writing: NaNoWriMo, PART II Doctor Who: the Space Pirates (1969), Aftershow: Join Me Next Time for a (Very Belated) Halloween
PART I Personal News: Happy (Very Belated) Halloween! Minor Ailments, News: Global Nincompoopery, Writing: The Spot of Writing, Movies: Snowden (2016), Doctor Strange (2016), Arrival (2016), Technology: Apple Updates, The Investigatory Powers Act, PART II Doctor Who: The War Games (1969)
In which we saw, and then talked about, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016) (IMAX 3D). WARNING: SPOILERS!
News: Uhhh... Movies: New York Doll (2005), The Man Who Knew Infinity (2015), Sully (2016), The Accountant (2016), Batman: The Killing Joke (2016)
PART I News: First Podcast of 2017! PART II Roy's Writing Update
News: What Happened to Me? Resolutions, TV: Class (2016), Westworld (2016), Movies: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (2016), TIE Fighter (2015), Books: The Scarlet Gospels (2016), Games: Conspicuous Console Consumption, Technology: VPNs
PART I News: Amazon Drone Deliveries Can't Come Soon Enough, William Peter Blatty Died Yesterday, Micro Mart Magazine Closed in December After 31 Years, TV: The Man In The High Castle (2016), Sherlock (2016), Movies: Passengers (2016), Technology: Franz, Google Hangouts API Gone and Alphabet Cuts, PART II Roy's Further Writing Update and Another Shopping Bag Day
PART I News: Introduction for New Listeners, Less Clicking and Clacking, Amazon Cock-Ups? TV: Cbeebies, The Worst Witch (2017), Eve (2016), The OA (2016), Me? Class (2016), Movies: The Return of Xander Cage (2017), Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016), Welcome to the Punch (2013), Technology: CES Highlights, Vine, PART II Writing Places and Finally Just Doing It, Time Not So Well Spent Marketing My Writing, Foreshadowing, Aftershow: Help!
PART I News: In the Midst of..., TV: Emerald City (2017), The Expanse Season 2 (2017), The Magicians Season 2 (2017), Movies: The Discovery (2017), The Girl with All the Gifts (2016), Deepwater Horizon (2016), The Signal (2014), Audio: Interview with Ian Fleming, Technology: Free Android Filmmaking Apps (Open Camera, Acacia, Simple Teleprompter), Headphones Podcasting Tip, ISPs to Send Anti-Piracy Education Mail to UK Customers, New NASA Space Suits, China is Going to the Moon! PART II Writing (Networking for Writers: Conventions, Friends, Business Cards and...? Making up for Lost Time, What I am Working on this Week)
News: New Ukulele, Goodbye Freedom of the Press, TV: Speculation About The New Doctor Who Actor or Actress, Castlevania, Original Battlestar Galactica's Richard Hatch, Movies: The Purge (2013), The Purge Anarchy (2014), Books: The Handmaid's Tale (1985), Games: NES Classic, Dungeons and Dragon Campaigns, Technology: Hyperloop(s), Windows 7 Updates, BT Price Increase, UK Spaceports!Snapchat IPO, Cuban Net Neutrality and Paquetes, Space Police?
PART I News: I Survived Valentine's Day, Google Fit, TV: Emerald City (2017), Technology: NES Classic Mini Hacked Again! Android Nougat, Nokia 3310, 3 and 5, MWC17, US Government Science Agencies Rebel, India on the Moon! PART II Nada
PART I News: Doctor Who? More Podcasting, 9000 Steps, Happy Mauritian Independence Day, Happy Holi, Writing: Another Year, Another Writing Circle, The Roving Writer, Blackgate? TV: Emerald City (2017), Movies: Room (2015), Books: Robert E. Howard's Views on Race in Conan Revisited, Technology: Fixing Firefox, Podcast to YouTube with ffmpeg , Social Media Pain Again, The Quest for (Internet) Immortality, Replacing Google Custom Search with Duck Duck Go Site Search, Email Disclaimers, Crossposting with IFTTT, Wikileak's Weeping Angel in Vault 7, Random: Warm Pies in Toaster, Part II Zero
Catching up with the BBC's thriller The Replacement (2017) and some genre shows with on demand TV, Kong: Skull Island (2017), and some tips for importing your blog to Wordpress.com
PART I News: Feels Like Summer-ish, TV: The Expanse (2015-), Movies: Logan (2017), Technology: The Quest for (Internet) Immortality III, Audio Podcasts on YouTube, The Internet Archive, Windows XP Updates, Senior Politicians and Technology, PART II Nothing To See Here, Move Along, Aftershow: Future Features on Roy's Rocket Radio
PART I News: Recent Clangers I Have Dropped, TV: Emerald City's Princess of Ev, Serj Tankian Sings Rains of Castamere from Game of Thrones, Games: Mad Catz, Rezzed, EGX, Other UK Game Conventions, Adventure Game Studio, Technology: New Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus, New Red iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, Bored of Phones, New iPad, Kodi Scorns My Netbook, I'm a Digital Prepper! PART II Nothing To See Here, Move Along
Filmmakers Steven Sterlacchini and Stephen Green talk to me about making the fan films Judge Minty and Strontium Dog.
Impressions of going to my very first real science fiction convention, why aren't people angrier about lack of diversity? Oxford washout, and goodbye Unity.
Pop Culture: Hewligan's Haircut (2010), Neurotribes (2015), Doctor Who Series 10 Episode 3 Thin Ice (2017), Technology: RiscOS on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, Fibre to Exchange, Creative: Writing
Pop Culture: Doctor Strange: The Way of the Weird (2016), Technology: Twilight, Creative: I'm Writing Damnit! A Realistic Schedule for Busy Writers
Pop Culture: Doctor Who: Spearhead from Space (1970), Doctor Who: Oxygen (2017), Judge Dredd: Cursed Edge (2013-), Technology: #Technobilge is back with The Faff of the BBC iPlayer, Freesat, Humanx, PC World, and John Lewis, Firefox vs Seamonkey (Again), Bug Reports Bug Me, Hire Me! Creative: Writing Frenzy, Getting Work Frenzy, Is Podcasting Worth It?
Pop Culture: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
Pop Culture: The Next Doctor? The Handmaid's Tale (2017), American Gods (2017), Doctor Who: Extremis Series 10 Episode 6 (2017), I'm Going to Comic Con! Technology: (#Technobilge: PIXEL for PC and Mac, Echo Show, MacVim, Atom, NHS Hack), Brackets, RetroN HD, Chelsea Manning Out, Julian Assange Freer, But Not Quite Free, Creative: Starting and Finishing Projects, Taking Care of Yourself
BA Mess, MCM London Comic Con 2017
UK General Election, UK Games Expo, E3, WWDC, Nokia 3310 Goes On Sale, EDM Apps (Hydrogen Drum Machine, LMMS, SuperCollider), Alien Covenant (2017), The Mummy (2017), The Handmaid's Tale (2017)
Doctor Who: The Pyramid at the End of the World (2017), The Lie of the Land (2017), Empress of Mars (2017), The Eaters of Light (2017), Doctor Who and the Silurians (1970). Is that enough Who for you? Is it? Is it? IS IT? Pah!
TV: Doctor Who, The UnDoctor, The Strangerers, American Gods, The Handmaid's Tale, Star Trek Voyager, Star Trek Discovery, Halt and Catch Fire, Stranger Things, Jerry Cornelius, Time After Time, Missed TV Shows, Movies: Cinema Ticket Prices, Barry Norman Dies, Technology: Global Warming, Sega Dreamcast 2, Super Retro Trio HD and the Super Retro Boy, SNES Classic Mini Release is Another Nintendo Fiasco, Copier Hard Drives, Destruction Not Ransomware, EU Fines Google, OTG Problems, Retro Photography, Vegan Moisturiser, Terminate All Likes! Show Box, Music: Buying More Gear, Orange Micro Crush CR3, Gig Annoyances, Writing: The Horus Box and Blackgate, What To Do If You Can't Get An Agent
Personal News: I Can't Seem to Shake Technobilge, TV: Gotham, Daredevil, Better Call Saul, Rick and Morty, Movies: A Monster Calls, Fate of the Furious, The Circle, Technology: The Continuing Saga of the Quest for a Cruelty Free Environmentally Friendly Vegan Moisturiser, The Other Gig Economy, University Fees in UK as High as USA, More Podcasting Tips, Music: Of Course Music Should be in the Creative Section! I Ordered My Banjolele!
Personal: Sniffles, Website Chaos, Podcast Chaos, Podcast to be Partially Algorithmically Powered, TV: Elementary, Doctor Who's Female Doctor, Game of Thrones Season 7, The Strain Season 4, Movies: The Shallows, Technology: Upwork, Music: Banjolele Time, Writing: The Big Re-Proofread of My Novel The Horus Box, Housekeeping
Oh My God, It's Sunday! Website Chaos, Show Split, That News Gathering Algorithm Thingy I Wrote in Lua, Salvation, Mars, Designated Survivor, Split, A Dark Song, Ready Player One, Robert Hardy, Summer Magic: The Complete Journal of Luke Kirby, N64 Mini, RuneScape's Jagex and Improbable Team Up, Marcus Hutchins, North Korea, UK Encryption, iPod Nano and Shuffle Dead, Hyperloop One Test, Asteroid Spaceships, Tesla Model 3, MS Paint, On this Day in Tech
Oh My God, It's Sunday! (Again!), William Shatner's Views, Get Out (2017), City of Tiny Lights (2016), Wonder Woman (2017), Sleight (2016), Game of Thrones Hack is Not Piracy, Google Fires Anti-Diversity Guy, On this Day in Tech
Bodged But Back Baby, Game of Thrones, Ozark, The Defenders, Mr Mercedes, The Sinner, The OA, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The State, Manhunt: Unabomber, Halt and Catch Fire, Even More Roypinion, The Lost City of Z, The Fate of the Furious, The Space Between Us, Dave Made a Maze, Bushwick, Morgan, Despicable Me 3, Useful Article About Pitching to Editors
The Mostly Irrelevant Source of This Week's Show Title, Electric Dreams, The Strain, The Orville, Doctor Foster, The Transfiguration, Baby Driver, iPhone X, Tell Me Captain, What Phone (Ridiculous Symbol of Plutocracy) Should I Flaunt? Finished Re-Editing The Horus Box, Started Re-Editing Entropus, Writer's Ouchy
Happy Birthday Roy! Dating, Star Trek: Discovery, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and an update about my writing.
Personal: I Need iTunes Reviews, Geek Dating Update, Flu Vaccination, TV: The Exorcist (2017), Inhumans (2017), Mr. Robot (2017), The Deuce (2017), Halt and Catch Fire (2017), Movies: The Dark Tower (2017), American Made (2017), Victor Frankenstein (2015)
Mostly Blade Runner 2049 (2017).
We, or rather I, just think of it as the royal "we", because I'm still doing this whole damn dog and pony show on me tod, not that I'm grumpy about it or anything you understand, talk about season 2 of Stranger Things (2017) and its microcosm of 80s goodness. Goodness? Please! I was an 80s teen and, granted some of the movies and video games were great, but everything else was crap. Yuppies, greed, Thatcher, Loadsa, the Falklands, and we didn't even have the sodding internet.
Happy Halloween! If you, like me, have no parties to go to, and nothing better to do other than sulk over your lack of success with those useless dating apps, join me as I avoid getting blotto and instead nibble some sweets and chat a little about Happy Death Day (2017) and geek life in general.
The geek life fantastique of offline flirting using celebrity selfie props, and also the geek life of a busted Millennium Falcon, a big needle, a bad Valerian, a funny Thor, crooked spies, a return to reading actual physical books, buying something from Amazon, and praying that you actually get it, and that when you get it, it isn't the wrong thing or broken (these people are building a rocket), and the final, final, final draft of the book you just re-edited.
The geek life of the bloody cold, the rusting, grinding, but still great (while it lasts) cogs of the UK's National Health Service, the effect of Dungeons and Dragons on the wizard's aris, the frustrating music of Blade Runner: 2049, The Survivalist, Doctor Who: Time Trips (again), The Walking Dead (spoilers), Star Trek: Discovery Season 1 Finale (spoilers), and the continuing hell of buying rubbish things online.
This week: Twangier, Roy's Rocket Radio Audio Improvements? Travelers (2017), The Punisher (2017), The Vikings (2013), The Vikings (1958), Excalibur (1981), Black Angel (1980), Glass (2019), The Incredibles 2 (2018), Borked Webpage Scripts, Widgets, or Plugins, Firefox Quantum, Hey Mozilla and SeaMonkey, Get Together and Reboot Netscape Communicator for the 21st Century! Somewhat Less Dreadful Desk Ergonomics, The Continued Re-Re-Re-Reading of the Writing, and The Longest Ever Dungeons and Dragons Starter Campaign is Coming to an End. Produced, presented, and edited by Roy Mathur. Please support the show with a review in iTunes and find me at roymathur.wordpress.com
I've been ill, and I still am, but now I'm back. I'm just here to wish you all a quick happy Christmas Eve, and to tell you to tune in again tomorrow for a full Christmas show.
After a long absence, I'm back to wish you happy Christmas and pick up where we left off, before we were rudely interrupted by circumstances beyond my control. Tonight, we finally return to my ongoing, but highly irregular, Doctor Who marathon, to talk about Doctor Who: The Ambassadors of Death (1970), as well as the Doctor Who Christmas Special 2017.
Happy Boxing Day! Today I talk about Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)(Some Spoilers)
Happy New Year!
Sick, Brigsby Bear (2017), Mayhem (2017), Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017), Everything Beautiful is Far Away (2017), The Pirates of Somalia (2017), Bright (2017), The Visit (2015), Jeepers Creepers 3 (2017), Meltdown and Spectre
Christmas of Chaos, The Mammoth Old Who Doctor Who Boxset Sessions, Happy Sankranti, Star Trek Discovery, The X-Files, Hard Sun, McMafia, Traders, Geeky Movies and Shows on BBC iPlayer, Antennapod, iOS Podcast App, Sony Recorder for Android, Audio Recorder, Audacity vs. Reaper, CES 2018, Byton at CES, More Cars at CES, SNES Classic Mini, NES Classic Mini, Hyperkin Ultra Game Boy at CES, Labo, Ex-Google Anti-Diversity Guy Rears His Ugly Head Again, GoPro, Oumuamua, Tabby's Star, Chapter 17 Was a Mess, Other Writing, Backs and Bottoms Redux Redux Redux
Repairs, Repairs, Repairs... It's All Gone To Hell... and Teeth, Oh God My Teeth! Fear of No TV, Everything's Just Oh So Hunky-Dory At Virgin Media, Doctor Who-ing Soon
In this episode, I talk about some great second hand book finds. I also advise you what to look for in a new smartphone.
Doctor Who: Inferno (1970)
Personal Log: Help This Podcast! It's Hanging on by the Skin of My Teeth and the Seat of My Pants, Movies: The Phantom Thread (2018), Mute (2018), Coherence (2013), The Cloverfield Paradox (2018), The Thirteenth Floor (1999), Racing Extinction (2015), The Machine (2013), Automata (2014), All I see Is You (2016), Radius (2018), TV: My Friend Dahmer (2017), The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story (2018), Altered Carbon (2018), The Walking Dead (2018), Black Lightning (2018), Mary Kills People (2018), Counterpart (2018), The X-Files (2018), The Magicians (2018), Britannia (2018), Future Man (2017), Castlevania (2017), The Path (2016), Beyond (2017), Blood Drive (2017), Victoria (2016), The Alienist (2018), Goliath (2017), Ill Behaviour (2017), Toys: Playmobil Pyramid Set, Radio: The Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy Has Returned, Science and Technology: Google's Wriggled Out of..., MWC 2018, Samsung S9 and S9+, Ambrosia, Assassination Attempt on Ex-Russian Spy, Russian's Have a Nuclear Powered Nuclear Cruise Missile, Lockheed Martin's Hypersonics, Kim Jong-un and Donald Trump Meeting, UK Freeze Finished, But...