Articles on this Page
- 06/15/17--11:48: _RRR181 Alien Covena...
- 06/19/17--03:09: _RRR182 Doctor Who a...
- 07/03/17--22:51: _RRR183 A Giant Catc...
- 07/10/17--11:52: _RRR184 Geeky TV, Mo...
- 07/25/17--02:09: _RRR185 Game of Thro...
- 08/06/17--07:18: _RRR186 Ready Player...
- 08/13/17--16:49: _RRR186 No More Hero...
- 09/03/17--08:36: _RRR188 Bodged But B...
- 09/23/17--23:20: _RRR189 Super Sentai...
- 10/09/17--13:54: _RRR190 Happy Birthd...
- 10/16/17--13:37: _RRR191 Geek Dating,...
- 10/27/17--16:47: _RRR192 Blade Runner...
- 10/30/17--17:31: _RRR193 Stranger Thi...
- 10/31/17--18:49: _RRR194 Halloween Un...
- 11/14/17--08:39: _RRR195 The Geek Lif...
- 11/16/17--08:43: _RRR196 The Time of ...
- 11/25/17--15:35: _RRR197 The Desk fro...
- 12/24/17--15:03: _RRR198 Happy Christ...
- 12/25/17--15:56: _RRR199 Happy Christ...
- 12/26/17--14:20: _RRR200 Happy Boxing...
- 06/15/17--11:48: RRR181 Alien Covenant (2017) and EDM Apps!
- 07/03/17--22:51: RRR183 A Giant Catch-Up Splodge of All Things Geek
- 07/10/17--11:52: RRR184 Geeky TV, Movies, and the Unfailing Awfulness of DHL
- 07/25/17--02:09: RRR185 Game of Thrones and The Strain
- 08/06/17--07:18: RRR186 Ready Player One, Asteroid Spaceships, Tesla, and More!
- 08/13/17--16:49: RRR186 No More Heroes and Gritty Gumshoes
- 09/03/17--08:36: RRR188 Bodged But Back Baby
- 09/23/17--23:20: RRR189 Super Sentai Selectric Screams
- 10/16/17--13:37: RRR191 Geek Dating, Horror, and the CIA
- 10/27/17--16:47: RRR192 Blade Runner 2049 (2017)
- 10/30/17--17:31: RRR193 Stranger Things (2017)
- 10/31/17--18:49: RRR194 Halloween Unedited
- 11/14/17--08:39: RRR195 The Geek Life Fantastique
- 11/16/17--08:43: RRR196 The Time of the Geek
- 11/25/17--15:35: RRR197 The Desk from Hobbiton
- 12/24/17--15:03: RRR198 Happy Christmas Eve
- 12/26/17--14:20: RRR200 Happy Boxing Day and Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)
UK General Election, UK Games Expo, E3, WWDC, Nokia 3310 Goes On Sale, EDM Apps (Hydrogen Drum Machine, LMMS, SuperCollider), Alien Covenant (2017), The Mummy (2017), The Handmaid's Tale (2017)
Doctor Who: The Pyramid at the End of the World (2017), The Lie of the Land (2017), Empress of Mars (2017), The Eaters of Light (2017), Doctor Who and the Silurians (1970). Is that enough Who for you? Is it? Is it? IS IT? Pah!
TV: Doctor Who, The UnDoctor, The Strangerers, American Gods, The Handmaid's Tale, Star Trek Voyager, Star Trek Discovery, Halt and Catch Fire, Stranger Things, Jerry Cornelius, Time After Time, Missed TV Shows, Movies: Cinema Ticket Prices, Barry Norman Dies, Technology: Global Warming, Sega Dreamcast 2, Super Retro Trio HD and the Super Retro Boy, SNES Classic Mini Release is Another Nintendo Fiasco, Copier Hard Drives, Destruction Not Ransomware, EU Fines Google, OTG Problems, Retro Photography, Vegan Moisturiser, Terminate All Likes! Show Box, Music: Buying More Gear, Orange Micro Crush CR3, Gig Annoyances, Writing: The Horus Box and Blackgate, What To Do If You Can't Get An Agent
Personal News: I Can't Seem to Shake Technobilge, TV: Gotham, Daredevil, Better Call Saul, Rick and Morty, Movies: A Monster Calls, Fate of the Furious, The Circle, Technology: The Continuing Saga of the Quest for a Cruelty Free Environmentally Friendly Vegan Moisturiser, The Other Gig Economy, University Fees in UK as High as USA, More Podcasting Tips, Music: Of Course Music Should be in the Creative Section! I Ordered My Banjolele!
Personal: Sniffles, Website Chaos, Podcast Chaos, Podcast to be Partially Algorithmically Powered, TV: Elementary, Doctor Who's Female Doctor, Game of Thrones Season 7, The Strain Season 4, Movies: The Shallows, Technology: Upwork, Music: Banjolele Time, Writing: The Big Re-Proofread of My Novel The Horus Box, Housekeeping
Oh My God, It's Sunday! Website Chaos, Show Split, That News Gathering Algorithm Thingy I Wrote in Lua, Salvation, Mars, Designated Survivor, Split, A Dark Song, Ready Player One, Robert Hardy, Summer Magic: The Complete Journal of Luke Kirby, N64 Mini, RuneScape's Jagex and Improbable Team Up, Marcus Hutchins, North Korea, UK Encryption, iPod Nano and Shuffle Dead, Hyperloop One Test, Asteroid Spaceships, Tesla Model 3, MS Paint, On this Day in Tech
Oh My God, It's Sunday! (Again!), William Shatner's Views, Get Out (2017), City of Tiny Lights (2016), Wonder Woman (2017), Sleight (2016), Game of Thrones Hack is Not Piracy, Google Fires Anti-Diversity Guy, On this Day in Tech
Bodged But Back Baby, Game of Thrones, Ozark, The Defenders, Mr Mercedes, The Sinner, The OA, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The State, Manhunt: Unabomber, Halt and Catch Fire, Even More Roypinion, The Lost City of Z, The Fate of the Furious, The Space Between Us, Dave Made a Maze, Bushwick, Morgan, Despicable Me 3, Useful Article About Pitching to Editors
The Mostly Irrelevant Source of This Week's Show Title, Electric Dreams, The Strain, The Orville, Doctor Foster, The Transfiguration, Baby Driver, iPhone X, Tell Me Captain, What Phone (Ridiculous Symbol of Plutocracy) Should I Flaunt? Finished Re-Editing The Horus Box, Started Re-Editing Entropus, Writer's Ouchy
Happy Birthday Roy! Dating, Star Trek: Discovery, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and an update about my writing.
Personal: I Need iTunes Reviews, Geek Dating Update, Flu Vaccination, TV: The Exorcist (2017), Inhumans (2017), Mr. Robot (2017), The Deuce (2017), Halt and Catch Fire (2017), Movies: The Dark Tower (2017), American Made (2017), Victor Frankenstein (2015)
Mostly Blade Runner 2049 (2017).
We, or rather I, just think of it as the royal "we", because I'm still doing this whole damn dog and pony show on me tod, not that I'm grumpy about it or anything you understand, talk about season 2 of Stranger Things (2017) and its microcosm of 80s goodness. Goodness? Please! I was an 80s teen and, granted some of the movies and video games were great, but everything else was crap. Yuppies, greed, Thatcher, Loadsa, the Falklands, and we didn't even have the sodding internet.
Happy Halloween! If you, like me, have no parties to go to, and nothing better to do other than sulk over your lack of success with those useless dating apps, join me as I avoid getting blotto and instead nibble some sweets and chat a little about Happy Death Day (2017) and geek life in general.
The geek life fantastique of offline flirting using celebrity selfie props, and also the geek life of a busted Millennium Falcon, a big needle, a bad Valerian, a funny Thor, crooked spies, a return to reading actual physical books, buying something from Amazon, and praying that you actually get it, and that when you get it, it isn't the wrong thing or broken (these people are building a rocket), and the final, final, final draft of the book you just re-edited.
The geek life of the bloody cold, the rusting, grinding, but still great (while it lasts) cogs of the UK's National Health Service, the effect of Dungeons and Dragons on the wizard's aris, the frustrating music of Blade Runner: 2049, The Survivalist, Doctor Who: Time Trips (again), The Walking Dead (spoilers), Star Trek: Discovery Season 1 Finale (spoilers), and the continuing hell of buying rubbish things online.
This week: Twangier, Roy's Rocket Radio Audio Improvements? Travelers (2017), The Punisher (2017), The Vikings (2013), The Vikings (1958), Excalibur (1981), Black Angel (1980), Glass (2019), The Incredibles 2 (2018), Borked Webpage Scripts, Widgets, or Plugins, Firefox Quantum, Hey Mozilla and SeaMonkey, Get Together and Reboot Netscape Communicator for the 21st Century! Somewhat Less Dreadful Desk Ergonomics, The Continued Re-Re-Re-Reading of the Writing, and The Longest Ever Dungeons and Dragons Starter Campaign is Coming to an End. Produced, presented, and edited by Roy Mathur. Please support the show with a review in iTunes and find me at roymathur.wordpress.com
I've been ill, and I still am, but now I'm back. I'm just here to wish you all a quick happy Christmas Eve, and to tell you to tune in again tomorrow for a full Christmas show.
After a long absence, I'm back to wish you happy Christmas and pick up where we left off, before we were rudely interrupted by circumstances beyond my control. Tonight, we finally return to my ongoing, but highly irregular, Doctor Who marathon, to talk about Doctor Who: The Ambassadors of Death (1970), as well as the Doctor Who Christmas Special 2017.
Happy Boxing Day! Today I talk about Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)(Some Spoilers)